Ordering Through ROES
- Select the Press Cards Catalog in ROES
- Select Post Card or Folded Greeting Card
- Select Create Your Own to have a blank field for a custom design or for Preset Templates, there are a few different themes to choose from. With the Preset templates, you can edit and add text to the text box. If you leave the text box blank the “Type your message here” will not print on the final product.
- For the present templates customizable text, add your message by double-clicking the text box and typing your message in the Tools tab on the options window. Change the font and color of your text on the Product Options tab Page 1 options.
- Select your size and whether it is Landscape or Portrait.
- Make sure to have your images in a folder on the desktop. If you do not add your file to a folder, you won’t be able to import into ROES. Do not move the image folder from the desktop until after the order is completed and placed. This could cause an error with the order.
- Drop your image on the Front (left card) and the back of the card (right card).
This product is double-sided. If you do not need a back image, leave the back side blank.
The green dotted line is the safety area, it will not print on the final project. You want to keep any important information like text or faces inside this line. Fill the frame completely to the edge of the card. Any white showing will show on the final project. Need more details about bleeds and crops, find help here:
If you want a template to help you design beforehand in photoshop find one here.
For 5x7 the image should be 7.25 x 5.25 to account for trim.
Select the quantity and paper type in the right panel: Product Options,
Add envelopes from the right panel Envelopes tab. If you do not select envelopes they will not be included. White envelopes are free. Premium color envelopes are an additional fee and come in Kraft, Merlot, or Pearl.
Folded Greeting Cards
If you are making a folded card the mask will show the orientation and inside and back panels. This feature can be turned off, located in the right panel. Click Off to see the design without the mask. The mask will not print on the final project.
Ordering Through the Website
Ordering From an Artsy Designer Theme Template
To Create a Card with a Preset Theme from one of our templates: Start from the Press Cards Product Page or the Theme on the drop-down menu. You can add text and images to the template but the pre-designed portion of the template cannot be altered. Designer cards are only available in 5x7 postcards.
Ordering Your Own Pre-Designed Custom Card
We offer Photoshop templates for this product in our template library on the website HERE
Start on the Press Cards Page here: https://www.artsycouture.com/photo-cards
Select Style, Size, Orientation, and Paper type options.
Please select the correct direction for the image to avoid rotation issues in production.
Click Create Now
Select Create Your Own Theme to add your custom design.
Add an Image to the front and or back of the card. If you do not need an image on the back leave it blank it will print white.
Use the preview button at the top right to review your image and crops
Folded Cards will have the option of Blank or Photo Panels
Blank- will have photo boxes that spread across the fold like a panoramic
Panels -will have photo boxes on each panel of the card
Once inside the project, this can be changed once in the project with the layout tool, or the photo box tool.
Blank Theme will have one Photo Box per panel
You can see the Different sides of the card with the middle drop-down menu.
You cannot view the different panels in preview mode at this time, only in the design mode.
Will the green dotted lines print?
No, they will not print on the final image. They are a guide to indicate where the trim will occur. You want to keep important information like text or faces inside the green line.
Need more help understanding trim and bleed check out our help center here :
How do I see the other sides of the card?
There is a drop-down menu that will change views to the incise or outside of the card
Is there a template I can use for sizing?
Yes, we have a Photoshop document for all our cards sizes they can be found here:
If you are creating a card, and are concerned about trimming, please contact us before placing the order so that we can help review the design to see if there could be any potential trimming. Our production team tries to catch any to let Customer Service know, but there are instances where things can be missed. Once the order is placed we cannot make any modifications to the image.
I need to change my paper type
Change the paper type in the shopping cart, under the card product select Change Item. Once the order is placed the paper type cannot be changed.
The option for envelopes is added to the shopping cart. Use the drop-down under the card item to add it to the product. White envelopes are free, there is an upcharge for color envelopes.
Envelopes will only be included if it is selected in the cart.
The number of cards allotted corresponds with the number of cards ordered, additional envelopes cannot be added.