USB Help Forum
Please make sure you are inserting the USB correctly with the metal prongs facing up.
If your USB is not functioning properly, we would be happy to replace it for you at no charge. Please contact customer service with your name and order number. If you ordered multiple USB's under one order number please describe the image printed on the USB to assist us in the reordering process.
If your order is older than 30 days, the files may no longer be in our system and will have to be submitted as a new order. Please contact customer service for further instruction if your order is older than 30 days.
Actions that could be causing your USB to malfunction:
- Not ejecting your USB from your computer properly
- Adding corrupted or compromised files to the USB
- The operating system or software is out of date
Are you getting a message that reads: "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer"?
This can be caused by:
- a virus infection on your computer
- file corruption
- internal file system errors
- disconnecting or powering off the drive without unmounting or ejecting properly
- forcing a restart on the computer
- software malfunction while copying to the USB
- improper or forced computer shut down
Reformatting the USB may make it functional again. If you choose to reformat, make sure you have back up files of what is on the USB as reformatting will delete all the files from the USB.
How many photos will fit on my USB?
- 8 gig
- 16 gig
- 8 gig USB will hold about 2000 photos
- 16 gig USB will hold about 5000 photos