ICC profiles help ensure that output (finished product) matches the input (a computer monitor). Described in more detail, ICC profiles help photographers achieve the correct color reproduction from when images are transferred from a camera to a monitor, and from a monitor to a printer. We provide downloadable ICC profiles, as well as a tutorial for our customers on how to install them in Photoshop and in Lightroom. We generate all of our ICC profiles in-house with the X-rite i1iO Scan Table. The profile is based on the white point of the paper or the substrate being profiled. Calibration software is required in order to match a monitor to our ICC profiles. We recommend that our clients use the x-rite Color Munki or i1 Display Pro to calibrate their monitor. We instruct our clients to use our profiles for soft proofing only.
Notes Regarding ICC Profiles:
- A monitor that is current in its’ color calibration is necessary for the best ICC profile soft proof.
- The only way to obtain proper monitor color calibration is with a colorimeter.
- Calibrating with a colorimeter on a routine schedule is the best practice for accuracy and consistency.
- The ICC Profile is only to be used as a soft proof- it must not be used as the working space while editing the image.
The screen brightness is determined by the monitor calibrating software used based on the Luminance setting and Temperature Kelvin used. We suggest a starting temp of 6000K and Luminance of 120.
- The Canvas profile can only be used to soft proof within Photoshop.
- USBs + Wood Wraps do not currently have an ICC profile and cannot be color corrected.
- When soft proofing in Lightroom, make certain the Simulate Paper and Ink Box is NOT CHECKED. The profile reflects the white point of the paper along with the color tendencies and gamut of the printer. In the Develop tab, go to the lower mid-left corner and check the Soft Proof box. This will open the soft proof option under the Histogram. Press the Scroll arrow and you will see all of the profile in the list. Check the ones you wish to upload.
The profiles attached can be used for:
- HP-INDIGO-5500.icm - Photo Book spreads, Press Cards + Presentation Boxes
- AC-Metallic-999.icc - Metallic Photo Prints
- AC-Lustre-999.icc - Lustre Photo Prints + Albums
- CANVAS.ICC - Canvas Wraps + Photo Book covers
- CHROMALUXE-F6200-DYE-SUB-JP.ICC - Metal Prints