ICC profiles help ensure the output (Photo Prints) matches the input (a computer monitor). Described in more detail, ICC profiles help professional photographers achieve the correct color reproduction when images are transferred from a camera to a monitor, and from a monitor to a printer.
We generate all of our ICC profiles in-house with the X-rite i1iO Scan Table. The profile is based on the white point of the paper or the substrate being profiled, as well as based on the color space and print engine of each output device. Our Photo Prints are RGB based and our P10000 (printers used for canvas), F6200 (printers used for dye sublimation products), and Indigo's (printers for press items) are CMYK based.
Calibration software is required to accurately match a monitor to our ICC profiles. Monitor Calibration has one job, and that is to calibrate your monitor to a neutral gray. That neutral gray is the foundation of color management. We recommend the x-rite Color Munki or i1 Display Pro calibration systems to calibrate your monitor. ICC profiles should only be used for soft proofing.
Notes Regarding ICC Profiles:
- A calibrated monitor is necessary for the best ICC profile soft proof.
- The only way to obtain proper monitor color calibration is with a colorimeter.
- Calibrating with a colorimeter on a routine schedule is the best practice for accuracy and consistency.
- The ICC Profile is only to be used as a soft proof- it must not be used as the working space while editing the image or converted/embedded into the image file in Photoshop. If our profile is embedded into the image file, it will cause muted, clipped color and artifacts that will be seen in the final output.
We provide downloadable ICC profiles as well as a step-by-step setup guide on how to install the profiles. Please note, RGB based profiles (Prints) can be installed in both Photoshop and Lightroom. CMYK based profiles (Press, Dye sub, Canvas, and Gallery Blocks/Cubes) can only be installed in Photoshop. The profiles and setup guide can be seen and downloaded below! If you use Adobe Elements and would like to soft proof, please click here!
The profiles attached can be used for:
- HP-INDIGO-5500.icm - Photo Book spreads, Press Cards + Presentation Boxes
- AC-Lustre-999.icc - Lustre Photo Prints + Albums
- fuji-PEARL.icc - Pearl Photo Prints
- ARTSY-GLOSSY-999.icc - Glossy Photo Prints
AC-GLOSSY-BLOCKS-CUBES.icc - Gallery Blocks, Cubes + Gallery Stands
- CANVAS.ICC - Canvas Wraps + Photo Book covers
- CHROMALUXE-F6200-DYE-SUB-JP.ICC - Metal Prints
Article is closed for comments.